The process of districting requires the City to hold four public hearings: two prior to the release of draft maps and two after. Each public hearing will have a specific focus as tentatively outlined below.
Hearing #1 – August 30, 2021
- Introduction to the districting concept and process
Hearing #2 – September 27, 2021
- Educational presentation on La Verne’s path to districting
- Overview of mapping criteria and tools
- Soliciting public feedback on communities of interest
Hearing #3 – Date TBD
- Review of resident-submitted and demographer-created draft map options
- Discuss revisions and prioritize maps
- Consider potential election sequence
Hearing #4 – Date TBD
- Final map and election sequence selection
- Possible introduction of ordinance to adopt a by-district election system
To access public hearing information and materials, visit the Calendar page.