The City of La Verne, like hundreds of cities and school districts across the state, may make a change in how voters elect its City Council. Beginning in 2022, voters could vote for one City Council Member who lives in their district. This would replace the current system of at-large citywide elections in which voters have the ability to vote for all City Council Members.
We need your help to draw new City Council districts that best represents the City of La Verne!
One of our primary goals when drawing City Council districts is to draw lines that respect neighborhoods, history, and geographical elements. So we want to know: What do you consider the boundaries of your neighborhood?
How to participate?
Share your specific thoughts, draw a map, or attend an upcoming workshop to get involved!
At the hearings and workshops, we want you to:
- Share your story
- Define your neighborhood or community of interest
- Explain why districting is relevant to your community
- Get the tools you need to draw a map of one district or of multiple districts
- Share your opinions of the draft maps
- Talk to your neighbors and local organizations